People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 8
Bots: 0
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

Toggle Content Translation

www.dodgersfanproshop.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liny195

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject: www.dodgersfanproshop.com Reply with quote

OAKLAND http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , Calif. (AP) — Back stateside and back on their home field, the Oakland Athletics starters have found quite a groove.As in three straight scoreless outings of six innings. Brett Anderson followed up Mike Fiers and Marco Estrada with another steady performance.“Any time a guy has a good start you want to go out there and you want to try to replicate it as best as possible,” Anderson said.Mark Canha hit a two-run homer in the fourth that held up for Anderson, and the A’s beat the Los Angeles Angels 4-2 on Saturday night.Stephen Piscotty added a two-run single in the third. Anderson (1-0) pitched six scoreless innings in his first start of the year after the lefty signed as a free agent for his third stint with the A’s. Anderson, who also pitched for Oakland last year and from 2009-2013, allowed three hits, struck out four and walked two.Oakland starters have three consecutive scoreless outings of at least six innings for the first time since Aug. 24-26, 2005, by Kirk Saarloos, Barry Zito and Joe Blanton.A’s manager Bob Melvin wanted to give Canha a start — his first of 2019 — given how well he swung the bat in Tokyo and the preseason Bay Bridge Series against the Giants earlier in the week.“We know that when he gets consistent at-bats, he tends to be pretty good,” Melvin said.Canha’s first homer of the year chased starter Felix Pena (0-1), who was tagged for four runs and four hits in 3 2/3 innings after retiring the first eight hitters in order. Pena struck out three and walked one.Mike Trout had as sacrifice fly in the eighth and Andrelton Simmons followed with an RBI single. A’s All-Star closer Blake Treinen relieved J.B. Wendelken and gave up Albert Pujols’ single before retiring the next two hitters, including Justin Bour on a called third strike.“I have no one to blame but myself. I didn’t get it done,” Bour said. “You can argue balls and strikes and all that stuff. Really at the end of the day it’s a matter of getting it done, and I haven’t and didn’t there. Was it in the zone? No Joc Pederson Jersey , but I still didn’t get the job done.”Treinen worked a perfect ninth for his first save and sixth career of five outs or more. Melvin would rather not use Treinen for multiple innings this early, but with a couple of relievers unavailable, he went ahead with the move.“A little extreme to do it this early in the season but at the time we felt like we needed to do it,” Melvin said.Pujols, who at 39 has 633 career homers and is beginning his 19th season, got his first hit of the year with a two-out single in the sixth.The A’s avoided what would have been just their second 1-4 start in 21 years, doing so in 2011.Piscotty hit his second single of the night in the seventh for Oakland, which began a stretch of 18 straight games with Thursday’s stateside opener against the Angels. Oakland dropped two games to the Mariners in Tokyo last week.RICKEY’S ASSISTAs A’s third base coach Matt Williams prepared to throw batting practice, Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson hopped into the cage — and not to hit. He squatted into a crouch and began catching Williams’ warmup throws. Just behind him was the logo of the field named for him and his No. 24, “Rickey Henderson Field.”“Every day I see it,” he said. “It’s an awesome blessing to me.”TRAINER’S ROOMAngels: Shohei Ohtani will continue to rehab in Anaheim when the team returns home from this season-opening six-game trip that includes games at Seattle on Monday and Tuesday. He began hitting on the field this week and is throwing three times a week. At some point, Ohtani is expected to go on a rehab assignment once he is ready to face live pitching.Athletics: Manager Bob Melvin gave CF Ramon Laureano a day off until he entered for defense in the ninth. Laureano is batting .118 (2 for 17) with nine strikeouts in four games. “I think maybe just a little anxious, trying to get it all back with one swing,” Melvin said. “He’s got some power. He’ll figure it out.” Canha started in center and was set to play first base Sunday against a lefty starter.UP NEXTAngels: LHP Tyler Skaggs takes the mound for his season debut for the Angels.Athletics: RHP Frankie Montas makes his first 2019 appearance and first career start against the Angels in the series finale. NEW YORK (AP) — Austin Romine never expected to replace Aroldis Chapman as the Yankees’ closer.A backup catcher, Romine was leaning on the dugout railing and watching New York get blown out by Boston in Game 3 of the AL Division Series when bench coach Josh Bard walked up to him in the eighth inning.“Can you throw?” Romine recalled Bard asking.“I can try,” the seven-year big league veteran replied.Romine became just the second position player to pitch in postseason history. The 29-year-old right-hander — has he ever been called that before? — allowed Brock Holt’s two-run ninth-inning homer http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , completing the first-ever postseason cycle. Romine got the last three outs of New York’s 16-1 loss Monday night, the largest margin of defeat for the Yankees in their 396 postseason games.“No, I didn’t envision myself getting in these playoffs in that role,” said Romine, whose previous playoff experience was one start at catcher plus one inning as a late substitute against Houston in last year’s AL Championship Series.Luis Severino was chased in the fourth inning with a 3-0 deficit that Lance Lynn and Chad Green quickly allowed to become 10-0. Yankees manager Aaron Boone cycled through Jonathan Holder and Stephen Tarpley.With New York trailing 2-1 in the best-of-five series, Boone wanted to keep David Robertson, Dellin Betances, Zach Britton and Chapman fresh for Game 4.“You hate doing something like that,” Boone said.Infielder Cliff Pennington was the first position player to take the mound in the postseason, entering in the ninth inning of Game 4 of the 2015 AL Championship Series with Toronto trailing Kansas City by 10 runs. He gave up a pair of singles, the second driving in two runs, before an inning-ending flyout in a 14-2 defeat.Romine had not pitched since 2007, his senior year at El Toro High School in Lake Forest, California. Gary Sanchez said Romine had two pitches: fastball and slower fastball.With the Yankees trailing by 13 runs, he threw from 64-90 mph in an 18-pitch outing, using a three-quarters delivery and a short windup in which he didn’t lift his hands above his armpits as he rocked and dealt.“You got to change speeds or they’re going to hit it out http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey ,” Romine said.Romine started Xander Bogaerts with an 80 mph pitch on the low, outside corner for a called strike, then gave up a 111 mph smash to third for a groundout. Rafael Devers grounded out. Fans rose to their feet when he went to a 2-2 count on Ian Kinsler, who walked.Holt turned on his first pitch, 79 mph at the knees on the inner part of the plate, and pulled it 355 feet just inside the right-field foul pole and over the short porch.“You get a little antsy when a position player is on the mound,” Holt said. “I scooted up in the box a little bit, and I was going to be swinging at anything and try to hook anything.”Christian Vazquez followed with a flyout to right.Romine’s first professional pitching line: one inning, two runs, one hit, one walk.“I would have liked to have fun with it,” he said, “but really, I was just trying to get out of the inning.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: