Members: 1
Visitors: 35
Bots: 3
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

01:  sooo

Toggle Content Translation

There’s been a lot of spec

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: There’s been a lot of spec Reply with quote

Grab some tissues."ulation about whether or not Joe Mauer was going to retire after this season. 2018 was the last year of Mauer’s eight-year contract http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , so everything was sort of up for question. I’ve been to every Twins gave for the past few days, but nothing prepared me for today.First of all, Joe’s twin daughters surprised him at first base when the lineups were announced. RIGHT?He got a standing ovation every time he came up to bat. The last time Mauer came out, though, was special. It was really special. I obviously wish more than anything that I could hug my Mom. My Mom — who had 81-season tickets for twelve years, and frequently boasted about seeing Mauer’s first game —was on an airplane, still probably hasn’t landed, and doesn’t know what happened. She wasn’t with me because she moved to California, and I don’t know when or ifI will ever see her again. My boyfriend, thankfully http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , was there, as was my best friend who went with me to countless games back in the day, watching Mauer. I cried and hugged both of them. It was an emotional day for me.But, Joe, thank you. Thank you so much. Candelario’s history and a rough opening series suggest he might perform better in a table-setting position."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Tigers AnalysisDetroit Tigers Prospect NotebookDetroit Tigers Game ThreadsDetroit Tigers NewsDetroit Tigers PodcastsThe Tigers should consider moving Jeimer Candelario up in the lineupNew,21commentsCandelario’s history and a rough opening series suggest he might perform better in a table-setting position.EDTShareTweetShareShareThe Tigers should consider moving Jeimer Candelario up in the lineupKim Klement-USA TODAY SportsSmall sample alert! As the Tigers finish their first series of the 2019 MLB season against the Toronto Blue Jays, the offense has yet to fully reach its potential. In 39 innings of play so far this season, the Tigers have only scored in three innings. They have been outscored by six runs (12-6) in three games.A big reason for the quiet offense has been Jeimer Candelario, who, in the first three games Jeimer Candelario Jersey , went 1-for-12 with seven strikeouts batting in the cleanup spot.On Sunday, manager Ron Gardenhire batted Candelario in the leadoff spot — where he spent the majority of his time in the last two months of the 2018 season — while regular leadoff hitter Josh Harrison was taking the day off. Candelario immediately responded by going 5-for-6 with two RBI, including this beautiful RBI single where he extended his bat outside of the strike zone to poke a ball out to left.Jeimer Candelario 2-RBI singleEdited by Adam Dubbin / Property of MLB.tvCandelario’s big day helped lead the Tigers to a 4-3 victory, and a road series split.Now, the typical knee-jerk response would be to keep Candelario in the leadoff spot. Do not mess with something that is not broken.Taking a look at his split stats, there may be some validity to this. Jeimer Candelario batting order splitsSplitPAHRBB%K%AVGOBPSLGSplitPAHRBB%K%AVGOBPSLGBaseball-reference.comCandelario has spent the majority of his MLB playing time batting in the first, second, and fourth spots in the lineup. His best performance, by far, has come batting second (.255/.354/.459) while the weakest performance has come with him batting fourth (.149/.200/.234). These are small samples http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , of course, but just like we hypothesized with Josh Harrison, mentality could play a part in the approach that Candelario takes at the plate.In the first few games of the season, it seemed like Candelario put too much pressure on himself, perhaps because he was batting fourth in the lineup and counted upon to drive in runs. We don’t know for sure, but the stats (small samples and all) indicate he may be more relaxed batting anywhere else. Harrison should probably stay in the leadoff spot for now, while Candelario could take over batting second.This means shaking up the lineupNicholas Castellanos has been batting second so far this year, and many people (myself included) believe that this is the best spot for him in the Tigers’ lineup. Having power in the No. 2 spot is a strategic measure, as it immediately puts pressure on the pitcher only two batters into the game.However, in Castellanos’ case Chad Bettis Jersey , his best performance just so happens to be in the cleanup spot, where he is batting .333/.381/.550 in a handful of plate appearances.Nicholas Castellanos batting order splitsSplitPAHRBB%K%AVGOBPSLGSplitPAHRBB%K%AVGOBPSLGBaseball-reference.comCastellanos has batted anywhere from the No. 2 to the seventh spots in the lineup. His lowest sample size by far (268 plate appearances) comes while batting fourth, so take that for what it is worth.Castellanos has enjoyed a breakout year in 2018, batting .298/.354/.500 with a 130 wRC+. So far in 2019, he is hitting .294/.333/.471 and he seems to have success wherever he bats in the lineup. Over a large enough sample size, split stats usually even themselves out, and it is not something to get overly excited about. However, the Tigers’ offense could use a jump start, and moving hitters into positions they may be more comfortable in could help provide that spark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: