Plants World
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsMy Account
Community Forums › Plants › Plants Identification › A victory Saturday would clinch the Brewers
Toggle Content Search:
Toggle Content Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Forums Search Web Identication
 Contest01
 Links
Toggle Content MiniChat
Marcus: Hi guys!
02-Sep-2016 10:03:34
Tedus: how are you ? Smile Very Happy
04-Nov-2015 07:09:02
Marcus: Hi Tedus
24-Jun-2015 08:16:09
Tedus: Someone on forum???
14-Feb-2015 16:58:39
plantsandstuff: i need a plant identified
08-Dec-2012 17:42:05
Marcus: almost Smile
27-Oct-2012 18:29:42
Pljoska: is someone there Smile
28-May-2012 02:54:58
Marcus: Hello people Smile
01-Apr-2012 13:34:46
lifecellskin: hi
31-Mar-2011 10:27:26
Marcus: Hi Joyful Razz
05-Jan-2011 18:08:20
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Toggle Content User info:

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: Labi1995
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1492

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 27
Bots: 0
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

Toggle Content Translation

A victory Saturday would clinch the Brewers

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
officialsbaseball

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: A victory Saturday would clinch the Brewers Reply with quote

NEW YORK (AP) — It took a while Mitch Williams Jersey , but 9-month-old Steel McCutchen seemed fine with Dad’s new look.Andrew McCutchen liked his fit with the New York Yankees, too.A day after being traded from San Francisco, the former NL MVP stepped back into a playoff race Saturday. He drew a warm ovation at Yankee Stadium when he was introduced as the leadoff hitter and right fielder, then struck out in his first two-bats against Detroit.At least his grooming got off to a smooth start. Adhering to the Yankees’ strict policy on facial hair, he shaved off his familiar beard before the debut.His son got a good, close view.“I just cut it and held him. I was worried about his reaction,” McCutchen said. “He stared at me for about five minutes and touched all on my face and he seemed to be OK with it.”McCutchen spent his first nine seasons in Pittsburgh — the Steel City — and was traded to San Francisco in January. The five-time All-Star was hitting .255 with 15 home runs, 55 RBIs and 13 stolen bases when the Giants sent him to the Yankees.“I feel like a lot of baseball players want to at least throw the pinstripes on for who knows how long just to say you did it,” McCutchen said.“I’m on a new team and we have an opportunity to do big things here so in a sense, yes, I am nervous, but at the same time I look at it as a good thing because that means I care about it,” he said.Acquired for two minor leaguers on the final day trades could be made for postseason-eligible players, McCutchen should see the lion’s share of time in right while slugger Aaron Judge continues to recover from a broken right wrist.Judge has been on the mend since being hit by a pitch on July 26, a process that has gone slower than originally expected. New York had hoped Clint Frazier could step in for Judge at some point, but the young outfielder is still shelved with post-concussion migraines.“We’ve been looking to reinforce this outfield situation as the timeframes on Aaron Judge and Clint Frazier were obviously much longer than anticipated,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. “It’s a nice welcome addition. It’s a much-needed addition.”McCutchen wasn’t the only newcomer.The Yankees got shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria in a trade with Pittsburgh late Friday night. Didi Gregorius, New York’s starter at the spot, has been out since Aug. 20 because of a bruised heel.“He’s a defensive wizard that gives us some protection, obviously we’re down our shortstop,” Cashman said. “We felt that it was a good grab to reinforce our depth and our insurance and an alternative choice.”Joining McCutchen in Saturday’s lineup was catcher Gary Sanchez http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-dave-cash-jersey , who returned from the disabled list almost six weeks after he was shelved with a recurring groin injury.“Really good to write those guys back in there as we work our way to getting a little more healthy today,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “Just excited to have some really important additions back in our lineup.”Sanchez missed 20 games from June 25 to July 19 with a strained right groin and then another 36 since landing back on the DL on July 24.He was widely criticized for a perceived lack of hustle on two key plays in a 7-6 loss at Tampa Bay a day earlier, one where lackadaisical baserunning may have cost New York a chance to the tie the game in the ninth inning.Sanchez was not in the lineup the following day, and MRI results released soon after revealed that he had re-aggravated his groin injury.An All-Star last year, Sanchez is hitting just .188 with 14 home runs in 66 games this season.“I feel like not only is he healthy, but physically right now in a really good place and hopefully he can get back there and really start to impact the middle of our lineup,” Boone said. MILWAUKEE — With right fielder Gregory Polanco out for the remainder of the year following shoulder surgery, Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle plans to rotate playing time among four players during the final weeks of the regular season. On Friday, Jordan Luplow got the start in right field and Pablo Reyes started in left as the Pirates opened up a three-game series against the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. Reyes, Adam Frazier and rookie Kevin Kramer will also see time in right field before the season wraps up on Sept. 30.“You’re going to see Frazier out there when we want Frazier and Kramer in the lineup, because only one can play second base,” Hurdle said before Friday’s game. “Luplow’s going to be the beneficiary, I would imagine, of the most time out there. Reyes might find his way out there. Outside of that, there’s really nobody else to look at, from my perspective.”Article continues below ...Polanco dislocated his shoulder sliding into second base a week ago and underwent surgery earlier this week to repair his labrum. He led the team with 23 home runs and 81 RBIs at the time of the injury.“There’s a degree of disappointment,” Hurdle said. “There’s a degree of angst. However, at the end of the day, he needs to feel what he needs to feel. And there’ll be a time when he’s going to say, ‘OK, now it’s time to go back to work Steve Carlton Jersey ,’ and Gregory will go back to work.“He’ll have the support of his family, he’ll have the support of the organization, he’ll have the support of a lot of people. He’s a man that’s always been self-motivated, focused. It’s just what’s next for him right now. To be unfortunate, however, that part’s already over. The unfortunate part is over. The injury’s over. Now is the healing, the rehab, and the strengthening and then the getting ready to play, whenever that is. We’ll look forward to that.”The Pirates will face Milwaukee right-hander Zach Davies (2-5, 4.75 ERA) for the first time this season when the series resumes Saturday night.Davies has been impressive in his two starts since returning from a three-month stint on the disabled list, allowing only three total runs with nine strikeouts and a pair of walks over 10 innings. He did not get a decision in either of those starts, however.“I was ready,” Davies said of his return after battling through shoulder and back injuries. “I was healthy, and I knew it. I knew where my stuff was at, I knew my body was healthy.”Davies went 2-1 with a 3.70 in four starts against the Pirates last season, but is 2-3 with a 6.49 ERA in seven career starts against Pittsburgh.Milwaukee won Friday’s game 7-4. The Pirates have dropped two in a row and three of their last four to Milwaukee after winning eight of the first 10 meetings this season. A victory Saturday would clinch the Brewers’ second series victory over the Pirates this season and their eighth series in a row overall. They continue to keep the pressure on the NL Central-leading Cubs, trailing Chicago by just 1 1/2 games. They are also protecting their lead over the Cardinals and now the Dodgers for the top NL wild-card spot. Milwaukee has a four-game lead on both of those teams.The Pirates’ starter on Saturday will be Ivan Nova (8-9, 4.17). He ended a personal three-game losing streak by pitching six scoreless innings in a 5-1 victory over the Marlins last Saturday. Nova is 2-2 with a 3.03 ERA in six career starts against Milwaukee, and he started one game against the Brewers this season, allowing one run and seven hits in 4 2/3 innings in a game Pittsburgh won 2-1 on July 14.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: