Plants World
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsMy Account
Community Forums › Plants › Plants Identification › Skaggs’ four wins are his most
Toggle Content Search:
Toggle Content Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Forums Search Web Identication
 Contest01
 Links
Toggle Content MiniChat
Marcus: Hi guys!
02-Sep-2016 10:03:34
Tedus: how are you ? Smile Very Happy
04-Nov-2015 07:09:02
Marcus: Hi Tedus
24-Jun-2015 08:16:09
Tedus: Someone on forum???
14-Feb-2015 16:58:39
plantsandstuff: i need a plant identified
08-Dec-2012 17:42:05
Marcus: almost Smile
27-Oct-2012 18:29:42
Pljoska: is someone there Smile
28-May-2012 02:54:58
Marcus: Hello people Smile
01-Apr-2012 13:34:46
lifecellskin: hi
31-Mar-2011 10:27:26
Marcus: Hi Joyful Razz
05-Jan-2011 18:08:20
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Toggle Content User info:

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: Labi1995
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
Overall: 1492

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 19
Bots: 0
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

Toggle Content Translation

Skaggs’ four wins are his most

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
officialsbaseball

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Skaggs’ four wins are his most Reply with quote

MILWAUKEE (AP) — Freddy Peralta was pleased with his seven shutout innings. The rookie was happier with his offensive contribution.Peralta tossed seven scoreless innings and drove in a run with his first career hit http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-andrew-triggs-jersey , combining with two relievers on a five-hitter in the Milwaukee Brewers‘ 4-0 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday.“I was waiting for this day, my teammates, too,” said Peralta, adding that his teammates have been razzing him about his hitting — or lack of. “When are you going to get your first hit?’ I said I will this year … and today, I got it.”Christian Yelich homered and finished a triple shy of the cycle, reaching base five times and driving in two runs for Milwaukee. He opened the first with his 21st homer, doubled in the third, walked in the fourth and singled in the sixth and eighth.Peralta (6-4) allowed just three singles, striking out seven and walking two to win for the second time in seven starts. The 22-year-old right-hander did not allow a hit until Jose Peraza’s single to open the fourth.“There was not a lot of hard contact today at all,” Brewers manager Craig Counsell said. “It was a lot of strikes. He was efficient, right about 100 pitches through seven innings. It was a very good performance, for sure.”Peralta was 0 for 22 with 11 strikeouts this season before he drove in the Brewers’ second run with a fourth-inning single. He advanced the runners with his first career sacrifice bunt when the Brewers added two runs in the sixth.“He’s taken a lot of right turns back to the dugout so far in his hitting career,” Counsell said. “It was a big spot. It’s an RBI and then the bunt set up a two-run inning, too. He was a big offensive contributor today.”Peralta, who entered with a first-inning 9.00 ERA, needed just nine pitches to get through the first, finishing with 95 pitches in a career-high seven innings.“When you work fast, quick, you have more opportunity to be longer in the game, throw six, seven or eight innings,” Peralta said. “You help the bullpen be better for the next day.”Milwaukee has won three of four after losing four of its previous five.Robert Stephenson (0-2) allowed four runs on nine hits in five innings Jake Smolinski Jersey , walking three and striking out four.“I’m happier with the way it went, “Stephenson said. “I’m still not where I want to be but it’s a step in the right direction. I left some balls up that got hit hard. I also made some good pitches that fell today.”The Reds loaded the bases in the eighth against Taylor Williams, but Jeremy Jeffress came on and retired Scooter Gennett on a flyball to left, and then finished with a perfect ninth for his sixth save in 10 opportunities.With one out in the fourth, Ryan Braun doubled off the glove of diving left-fielder Phillip Ervin. Manny Pina was intentionally walked with two outs to get to Peralta, who responded with single up the middle.The Brewers made it 4-0 in the sixth when Jonathan Schoop and Pina singled and advanced on Peralta’s bunt. Yelich and Lorenzo Cain followed with consecutive RBI singles.Sloppy baserunning cost Milwaukee a couple of early runs. Braun doubled with one out in the second, but was caught off the bag on Schoop’s fielder’s-choice grounder to shortstop. Pina then followed with a single.Yelich doubled to open the third, but was caught stealing. Cain then singled.The Brewers, who stranded 14 runners, left the bases loaded in the fourth when Cain struck out looking and failed to score in the eighth after loading the bases with no outs.“We were in trouble so many innings. It feels like it was a 10-0 ball game but we were really only a couple swings from tying the ball game up,” said Reds manager Jim Riggleman. “Robert (Stephenson) did a good job minimizing the damage. But there were a lot of baserunners out there.”BRAUN HEATING UPRyan Braun doubled in each of his first two at-bats, giving him multiple hits in seven of his last 13 games. In 22 games since July 24, he is batting .375 (24-for-64), raising his average from .229 to .259.BREWERS MOVESRHP Matt Albers (left hamstring) was reinstated from the 10-day disabled list and OF Keon Broxton was optioned to Class-A Wisconsin. Albers is 3-3 with a 6.23 ERA in 29 relief appearances with the Brewers. Broxton’s move was procedural, allowing him to remain in Milwaukee while his paternity leave is pending.UPON FURTHER REVIEWYelich appeared to steal third after his third-inning double but was called out as third baseman Dilson Herrera blocked the bag with his foot. The Brewers challenged, but the call was upheld after a review estimated at 1 minute, 1 second.TRAINER’S ROOMReds: OF Scott Schebler (right shoulder) is expected to come off the DL on Thursday or Friday, when Cincinnati faces the Cubs. Schebler might not start against lefty Cole Hamels on Thursday night even if activated. … 1B Joey Votto (lower right leg) is eligible to come off the DL on Sunday and will do that if ready. “If he says he’s ready to go Sunday, he will play Sunday,” manager Jim Riggleman said. “Yesterday he said he felt really good. We have three or four more days to evaluate him.”UP NEXTReds: Right-hander Anthony DeSclafani (6-3, 4.12 ERA) starts the opener of four-game series Thursday against the Cubs. He is 2-0 with a 0.83 ERA in three starts in August, allowing one run in his last 19 2/3 innings.Brewers: An after off day, left-hander Wade Miley (2-2 Bruce Maxwell Jersey , 2.18) opens a three-game series at home Friday against the Pirates, who counter with Joe Musgrove (5-7, 3.31). Miley is 1-2 in seven starts since coming off the DL in mid-July. BOSTON (AP) — Aaron Judge helped chase David Price early by hitting a home run to a part of Fenway Park where balls rarely travel.Gary Sanchez did him one better.The Yankees catcher, who tested his manager’s confidence with a sub-.200 batting average and poor defense for most of the season, hit two homers, the second a 479-foot shot clear out of the ballpark that sent New York to a 6-2 victory over the Boston Red Sox on Saturday night and tied their AL Division Series at one game apiece.“Just a monster night,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “You know he’s capable of that. We all know he’s capable of that. That’s kind of what we’ve been waiting for to some degree, where he can take over a game on offense.”One night after Chris Sale earned his first career playoff victory, Price fell to 0-9 in 10 postseason starts and was booed off the field after five outs by a Fenway crowd hoping to see the Red Sox protect the home-field advantage they earned with an AL East title and franchise-record 108 regular-season wins.Instead, Masahiro Tanaka helped the wild-card Yankees claim the first victory by a road team in a Division Series game this year and gave them a chance to advance to the AL Championship Series with a pair of wins at home, where they are 7-0 over the past two postseasons.Games 3 and 4 are at Yankee Stadium on Monday and Tuesday nights, with Game 5 back in Boston on Thursday, if necessary.“We can’t wait,” Judge said. “We know our fans are waiting for us to come back home, especially with the series tied 1-1.”Judge homered for the third straight playoff game, a 445-foot shot that landed in the back row of seats above the Green Monster , high above the 379-foot marker and about 10 feet to the left of the pole flying an American flag blowing straight out.It was the longest home run of the postseason — for about five innings.That’s when Sanchez aimed one in the same direction, sending it out of the park and onto Lansdowne Street. A few feet away, a plaque commemorates the six home runs in the 106-year history of Fenway Park that have cleared the back wall to the other side of the flagpole.“Everybody knows that Judge has way more power than me,” said Sanchez, who joined Yogi Berra as the only catchers in Yankees history with multihomer postseason games. “But a homer is a homer. And if we have the opportunity to score runs like that, you know, even if it’s 300 feet http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-chad-pinder-jersey , I’ll take it.”Sanchez also had a solo shot in the second inning to give New York a 2-0 lead. Price then walked back-to-back batters with two outs and gave up Andrew McCutchen’s RBI single on what could be his last pitch in a Red Sox uniform.The 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner — and two-time runner-up for the award — Price signed a seven-year, $217 million deal to come to Boston as a free agent before the 2016 season and has pitched like an ace at times in the regular season. But his postseason struggles have caused Red Sox fans to sour on him, and vice versa; he can opt out of his contract after the season, and if he can find something close to the four years and $124 million he is owed, he might just take it.In all, Price was charged with three runs on three hits and two walks in 1 2/3 innings — the shortest playoff start of his career, and tied with Roger Clemens for the shortest in Red Sox postseason history. It was the first time in 299 regular-season and postseason starts that Price failed to strike out a batter.“I just want to win. That’s it,” Price said. “My main goal is to win in the playoffs, to win a World Series. … And whatever I need to do to help us do that, I’m fine with. But I know I’m more than capable of winning games as a starter in October. That’s what I look forward to doing.”Tanaka allowed just three hits, including Xander Bogaerts‘ solo homer, before leaving after five innings with a 3-1 lead. He struck out four and walked one.BAD BLOODRed Sox reliever Ryan Brasier had words with Sanchez in the fifth, when the Yankees catcher stepped out of the box to think about the 1-2 count against him. Brasier motioned impatiently for Sanchez to get back in the box , and told him so in some impolite terms.Sanchez struck out on the next pitch, a 97 mph fastball. But when he came up again in the seventh, he broke the game open. Sanchez had three multihomer games in the regular season, none after May 19.“Not much to talk about,” Brasier said plainly. “He stepped out three pitches in a row after an 0-2 count, and I felt like it was time to throw the pitch. He just kept stepping out. I was ready to go. That’s all it was.”UP NEXTThe teams have Sunday off before resuming the series in New York on Monday night. Luis Severino is scheduled to pitch for the Yankees against Rick Porcello or Nathan Eovaldi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Plants Identification All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: