Plants World
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsMy Account
Community Forums › Plants › Indoor Plants › Sam Darnold was uncertain where his NFL
Toggle Content Search:
Toggle Content Main Menu
 Home Community Members options Forums Search Web Identication
 Contest01
 Links
Toggle Content MiniChat
Marcus: Hi guys!
02-Sep-2016 10:03:34
Tedus: how are you ? Smile Very Happy
04-Nov-2015 07:09:02
Marcus: Hi Tedus
24-Jun-2015 08:16:09
Tedus: Someone on forum???
14-Feb-2015 16:58:39
plantsandstuff: i need a plant identified
08-Dec-2012 17:42:05
Marcus: almost Smile
27-Oct-2012 18:29:42
Pljoska: is someone there Smile
28-May-2012 02:54:58
Marcus: Hello people Smile
01-Apr-2012 13:34:46
lifecellskin: hi
31-Mar-2011 10:27:26
Marcus: Hi Joyful Razz
05-Jan-2011 18:08:20
Shout History
Only Registered Users can Shout
Create/Login
Toggle Content User info:

Welcome Anonymous

Nickname
Security CodeSecurity Code
Type Code

Membership:
Latest: caicai2017
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 1510

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 35
Bots: 0
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

Toggle Content Translation

Sam Darnold was uncertain where his NFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huangjian123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Sam Darnold was uncertain where his NFL Reply with quote

career would begin while he was preparing for the draft.The former Southern California quarterback also was keeping tabs on what team Kirk Cousins would choose in free agency. Darnold knew Cousins' situation would likely affect his future."I was really just paying attention White Laquon Treadwell Jersey , especially during that time," Darnold said Monday during a conference call. "Definitely paying attention to Kirk, what he was doing free agent-wise and trying to understand what team I could maybe go to, who might pick me up."Yeah, I was definitely thinking about all that stuff during the draft process."The New York Jets went after Cousins in March and made the former Washington quarterback a big-time offer. Instead, Cousins chose to sign with Minnesota, getting a fully guaranteed three-year contract worth $84 million.The Jets then turned their attention to the draft, pulling off a trade with Indianapolis to move up to the No. 3 spot and secure one of the top quarterbacks available. After Cleveland took Baker Mayfield and the Giants went with Saquon Barkley, the Jets knew they had their guy."Yeah," Darnold said, "everything worked out for the best, I think."No doubt about it, as far as New York is concerned.Darnold has shown steady progress during his first six NFL games, helping the Jets to a 3-3 start. His best game might have come Sunday, when he went 24 of 30 for 280 yards and two touchdowns with one interception in a 42-34 victory over Indianapolis ."I felt like I kind of took what the defense gave me, but at the same time took the shots when they were there," he said. "So I thought I played really well, and my completion percentage was up, which is a good thing."He had ranked near the bottom of the league in that category, as well as quarterback rating. Darnold is at 59.8 percent on his completions, which is still among the lowest, while his 83.7 rating is in the middle of the pack."For me, every week it's the poise in the pocket," coach Todd Bowles said. "And, the breaking of the huddle, the adjustments that he has to make, the audibles he has to make and doing the right things and it's slowing down for him. And just doing that the right way, and he was pretty good at it (Sunday)."Darnold will get a chance to do it again next Sunday, and this time against Cousins and the Vikings at MetLife Stadium.Not that he feels any added pressure going up against the guy who was the Jets' top target in free agency."No, not at all," he said. "For me, I'm just going out there every single week http://www.authenticsminnesotavikings.com/cheap-xavier-rhodes-jersey , treating it as a faceless opponent and knowing what they do defensively, knowing what they do well, maybe what they don't do so well and just attacking them."Like I've said before, take what they give me, but at the same time take the shots when they're there."Meanwhile, the Vikings are 3-2-1 with Cousins , who is fourth in the NFL with 1,921 yards passing to go along with 12 touchdowns and just three interceptions."He's a good player," Bowles said. "He's always been a good player. He was a good player in Washington, he's a good player in Minnesota. So, he's somebody we've got to deal with, he's a tough one."Several Jets players have said they didn't necessarily pay attention to the team's interest in Cousins during the offseason. And they and the coaches insist they aren't approaching this as some sort of revenge game to show the veteran quarterback what he turned down."It's never disappointing in free agency," Bowles said. "Even though you have a chance at somebody, that doesn't guarantee you anybody. So you just move on, and always have a plan A, B, C and D. So you just move on to the next phase of the plan."For the Jets, that was Darnold.And, so far, so good."It's been a fun process," Darnold said. "Now that we've had a few Sundays in a row where we can just kind of walk in on our routine, it's really fun to be able to understand it and kind of just go about it throughout the week. I feel like I've definitely been getting a lot better as the weeks have kind of compiled."Vikings’ NFC North Rivals: News and Notes from Camp Week three, as you may have heard 6,246 times this week, is dress-rehearsal week.The starters and their backups play the majority of the game, and there’s not much mystery outside of an occasional younger player perhaps trying to unseat a more expensive veteran.Thursday’s games will be the final chance for many of these players to showcase their talents not only for their own teams, but for all 31 other teams who might be looking to fill a roster spot, as well.Other than a few big name players outside of the division getting massive contract extensions, it was a relatively quiet few days in the NFC North.By Friday, however, NFL teams will have a pretty good idea of what their rosters will look like, and we can all get on with speculating about football games that matter.With that http://www.authenticsminnesotavikings.com/cheap-matt-wile-jersey , let’s take a look around the division and see if there were any newsworthy nuggets or intrigue among our division rivals.Chicago BearsChicago slipped past the Kansas City Chiefs last weekend, 27-24.At first glance, this would have seemed like a bit of a nail-biter, save for the fact that Chicago pretty much rested all of their starters, and Kansas City did not.And that the Chiefs scored ten late points to make it that close.On the impressive side, Chase Daniel once again looks like the player that some Vikings fans were clamoring for a few years ago.He’s a solid number two (and really, who doesn’t like that?), and with the way Mitchell Trubisky likes to bootleg, that may just come in handy at some point for Chicago this season.Wide Receiver Kevin White caught his first touchdown as a professional, which was good to see. The Bears made him the second receiver of the board in the 2015 draft, but to say he has struggled to stay healthy is an understatement.And it’s not like the injuries he’s had have been of the nagging variety.A broken left tibia ended his rookie season.A broken left fibula ended his sophomore campaign.A fractured left shoulder blade ended season three.Just a suggestion - maybe some milk in the diet?Get that calcium up a little?Linebacker Roquan Smith - the team’s first round draft pick who finally signed his rookie contract last week - didn’t see any game action, as the team is letting him get up to speed.Bubble watch:Trying to be objective, I don’t see any players on the Bears “bubble” that would draw any interest from Zimmer or Spielman.This shouldn’t be surprising, as the Bears roster looks a lot like the one Leslie Frazier had in Minnesota in 2013 - a few good players surrounded by a whole lot of pretty average players.Detroit LionsThe Lions might be the most enigmatic team in the NFC North this year.They have an immensely talented offense, led by a quarterback who can make every throw.They’ve built a pretty great offensive line to protect him.O.C. Jim Bob Cooter - who has the best NASCAR name of any person not involved with racing - had a top ten scoring offense last season.And after not having much in the way of a running game for the past several seasons, they seem to be able to run the ball now, too, as their top four running backs each averaged more than four yards per carry last weekend.And it’s not like their defense is devoid of talent.Glover Quinn, Darius Slay and Ziggy Ansah are all very good.And yet, the team was down 27-6 at one point last weekend, even giving up an Antonio-Cormartie-esque 109 yard missed field goal return.They rallied late, however, and beat the Bucs 33-30.The folks over at Pride of Detroit were pretty excited on Monday, as 72 percent of fans voting graded the teams’ signing of 32 year old defensive end Robert Ayers somewhere in the ‘B’ to ‘A-’ range.Well, after about 30 hours, the team released him.Apparently GM Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia were seen speaking to one another on the sideline during yesterday’s practice, and Quinn was seen being very animated while on his phone a few minutes later.Ayers was nowhere to be found.Either Robert Ayers did some serious backpedaling, or he was so good that he accomplished all he set out to do in just one day.Either way, I hope for Quinn’s sake there’s some sort of lemon law protection for teams buying used defensive ends.Bubble Watch:The Detroit Free Press is projecting the team will keep five backs - Ameer Abdullah, Kerryon Johnson, LeGarrette Blount, Theo Riddick White Tom Compton Jersey , and Nick Bellore (FB).For a team that seemingly could use the roster space elsewhere, keeping five seems a little bit of overkill.Abdullah and Zach Zenner would likely be the ones out.Johnson and Blount are better bangers, and Riddick is a better pass catcher.With the Vikings having their own difficult decision to make regarding Mike Boone and Roc Thomas, neither Zenner or even Abdullah probably wouldn’t move the needle for Mike ZImmer and Company.However, one player that may not make the 53 that could potentially draw interest from a lineman needy team such as the Vikings is third-year Guard Joe Dahl.He’s not a bad player - he may simply become a victim of the numbers game in Detroit.He won the Pro Football Focus game ball for his efforts in week seventeen last year versus Chicago.The Lions’ offensive line is the deepest unit on the roster, and a pretty good player may well be let go.It’ll definitely be something to watch out for.Green Bay PackersAt some point in the past year, an NFL executive drew up the preseason schedule.This person is or was responsible for not only making sure that everyone has an opponent every week, but that the matchups would be appealing, as well.Well, the Packers and Raiders preseason week three matchup should have been just about as perfect a game for fans of preseason football (that just sounds stupid, doesn’t it?) as any, right?It’s Rodgers versus Derek Carr!It’s John Gruden!It’s Carr throwing to Jordy Nelson going against his old team!It’s Khalil Mack running roughshod over the Packers line!It’s鈥?uhhh鈥?it’s鈥?yeah.It’s preseason.Rodgers didn’t play.Carr threw three balls.Nelson didn’t catch any of them.Mack is still holding out.And Chucky Gruden?Well, the two teams traded field goals all night long before the Raiders finally broke away with a 13-6 victory.Green Bay fans got a scare before the game, as rookie linebacker Oren Burks was pulled from the lineup after warmups with an apparent injury.Burks has impressed in preseason, and a significant injury would have been terrible for an already thin linebacking core.The Packers also made a move this week to add some depth at linebacker, acquiring Antonio Morrison from the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for defensive back Lenzy Pipkins.Morrison has some starting experience in Indy, but is currently listed with the third-stringers on the depth chart.Ty Montgomery was nicked up in the game versus the Raiders, but the injury doesn’t appear to be serious.The rest of the Packers backfield situation to start the season is a bit cloudy.Jamaal Williams, who ended up with the Packers starting job last season, is listed number one on the depth chart.Montgomery is second, followed by Aaron Jones (who is suspended two games to start the season for substance abuse).Montgomery has a history of injuries, and with Jones suspension, the team may be watching Detroit’s backfield competition closely.Bubble Watch:Here’s the part where Packers fans will roll their eyes at me.There are no players on the packers bubble that would have a chance to make the Vikings roster.That’s a compliment to the Vikings’ players, an indictment of the Packers depth at certain positions, and also an acknowledgement that the players the Packers could part ways with don’t fit what Zimmer and his coaches might be looking for.So don’t get your undies in a bunch.You folks are so damn sensitive, sometimes.For instance, Quinten Rollins is a name that keeps coming up as “out” when the rosters are cut down.He’s not better depth at any spot in the Vikings’ defensive backfield than any player the Vikings will keep.And I’ll take my chances with Boone, Thomas and Ham over any running back the Packers don’t keep.The Packers are probably going to cut some players who will end up on other rosters.I just don’t see any of them ending up across the St. Croix next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: