:: Community Forums › Help me, please, says Aeonium
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Cactus and other Succulents

#16: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: SladolezLocation: Zemun, Serbia PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:46 am
    ----
Isomorphix, welcome back. I will know an answer to your question if my little Aeonium would have new rossetes. It stagnates, but I haven't lost hope yet.

Dear friends, glad to see you all.

Evodevo, I simply do not know what else should I do. It is still alive, but doesn't grow at all.

#17: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 pm
    ----
Dear Slado ,
Make no problems of it if your plant dies !!!!
Mid june you can contact me by private mail , and if you can pay me the postage back I will send you some 10/15??? different species of the Aeonium genus !!!
This is one of best represented genusses in my collection as I am twice a year on the Cabary Islands - Interested in joining??? I organise in april and may voyages to Tenerife with guided excursions !!

Greetings,
Albert - Belgium - Tenerife

have a look at diff of my albums
at public.fotki.com/cactusexotica and others mentioned on this site

#18: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: PljoskaLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 am
    ----
Aeonium is a genus of about 35 species of succulent, subtropical plants of the family Crassulaceae.

The name comes from the ancient Greek "aionos" (=immortal).

Most of them are native to the Canary Islands. Some species are found in Madeira, Morocco and in eastern Africa (for example in the Semien Mountains of Ethiopia).

The rosette leaves are on a basal stem. Low-growing Aeonium species are A. tabuliforme and A. smithii; large species include A. arboreum, A. valverdense and A. holochrysum.

Aeonium are not frost-resistant. They are related to the genera Sempervivum, Aichryson and Monanthes, which is easy to see from their similar flower and inflorescences. Recently, the genus Greenovia has been placed within Aeonium.

#19: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm
    ----
Pljoska wrote:

The rosette leaves are on a basal stem. Low-growing Aeonium species are A. tabuliforme and A. smithii (do you realy know the A. smithii ??? there is a big difference between thos two plants. The rabuliforme is effectif a basal stemmed plant there where as the smithii is a branched plant, I should say a shrub.
For the Greenovia , it is not yet doen. Quit a lot of people doesn't accept the change , normal , the flowers are not identical with the Aeonium.

Recently, the genus Greenovia has been placed within Aeonium.

#20: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:40 pm
    ----
as you can see on the pics those two plants are completely different.
The A. tabuliforme grows realy adapting the undergrown , the A. smithii is a little shrub upto 50cm ,high and with hair on the stem (the only one in this genus)
The A. tabuliforme dies after flowering , the A. smithii makes new branches just under the place where the flower stalk finished and died.
Have a look to my albums on public.fotki.com//cactusexcorica and the others in webshot mentoined in fotki
regards
Albert

#21: Re: Help me, please, says Aeonium Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 pm
    ----
here you can see the difference between flowers Aeonium and Greenovia
Aeonium flowers are only 8 or 10 parted by the Greenovia it is much more
Regards
Albert Idea

-> Cactus and other Succulents