:: Community Forums › I need help with an Aloe plant!
-> Cactus and other Succulents

#1: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: indymindyLocation: Connecticut PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:16 pm
    ----
A friend has an aloe plant that is approximately 25 years old. It has never been repotted. He asked me if I would "clean it up" but when I began to turn it most of the long leggy shoots came off. There are no roots on these. How do I get them started as new plants? I emptied the pot because either the plant just fell off in my hand or parts of it was already dead. I didn't take a picture of it before I moved it.[color=indigo][/colorsize=12][/size]

#2: Re: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: PljoskaLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:09 am
    ----
houseplants-care.blogs...-care.html

#3: Re: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 pm
    ----
you can simply put the pieces in a slightly wet substrate and wait 3 à 4 weeks for having rooted plants. Keep them wel warm and clear
Greetings from snowy and cold (-12°C) Embarassed Belgium
Albert

#4: Re: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: smurfyLocation: Charleston WV USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:00 am
    ----
I have rooted them in cactus soil using root horomone powder, just dip them in it and within 2-4 weeks you'll see roots.

#5: Re: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: albleroyLocation: Wavre/Belgium PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 pm
    ----
smurfy wrote:
I have rooted them in cactus soil using root horomone powder, just dip them in it and within 2-4 weeks you'll see roots.

You don't need those "rooting horomones"!!!! The Aloe is a so easy growing plant that it will produce roots in all kind of growing compound as from the moment it is well drained.

Happy healty and growing year 2011

Greetings,
Albert Very Happy Rolling Eyes

#6: Re: I need help with an Aloe plant! Author: smurfyLocation: Charleston WV USA PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 am
    ----
If the small pieces of the plant don't have root nubs, you do need the rooting powder, i've tried it both ways and the root tone dipped one were the only survivors. This was onan aloe vera plant.

-> Cactus and other Succulents