Members: 1
Visitors: 36
Bots: 3
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

01:  linchao

Toggle Content Translation

Adam Jones Jersey

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Cactus and other Succulents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhoumin1245

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Adam Jones Jersey Reply with quote

In the early 70s David Ortiz Jersey , a friend encouraged me to learn how to Scuba Dive. Shortly thereafter, I travelled to Victoria to take my first plunge in the 锟絊alish Sea锟? From my very first dive, I was hooked. I progressed to teaching diving and taught instructor training for a number of years. In 1983, the opportunity to move to Victoria was presented to me. After hundreds of hours of diving, I felt for the first time in my life that I was 锟給ne锟?with my environment. So Jim Rice Jersey , when I heard that the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre was being built in Sidney, I put the opening date in my calendar. I was fortunate to receive an invitation to the grand opening.

Saturday morning, I pick up Lisa, my assistant and friend, and we travel out to beautiful Sidney BC Ted Williams Jersey , anticipation mounting. We arrive early, find a parking lot, and walk two blocks to the new Centre. A crowd is gathering near the outdoor tide pool that connects the building to the shoreline.

The new Centre is in the Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa complex. This modern steel and glass structure shares very few clues of what we are about to experience. There are some banners in the windows and I see a whale skeleton hanging from the ceiling, but that is it! Our imaginations are all that we have to go on.

First Nations Elder Tom Sampson begins the ceremony with a prayer. He wears a traditional head dress. His family accompanies him with singing, drumming and dancing. Elder Sampson then introduces Angus Mathews Boston Red Sox Jersey , executive director and driving force behind this project. Each of the dignitaries says a few words, ending with a talk from C锟絣ine Cousteau, daughter of ocean explorer and filmmaker Jean-Michel Cousteau and granddaughter of the legendary Jacques Cousteau.

The First Nations people sing a traditional Paddle Song as they lead us in a procession around the building. The ribbon-cutting ceremony is unique: the mayor of Sidney uses a huge pair of scissors to cut through the fronds of a large piece of bull kelp!

The doors open and we follow the dignitaries into the front lobby. From there, we walk through a giant 锟絧ortal锟?into the heart of the new Centre. How cool is this! It feels like we锟絩e on the movie set for 锟絋wenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea锟?

We are led into a large, darkened room Darren O'Day Jersey , where another short ceremony takes place in front of what appears to be a 50 ft movie screen. We wait in suspense as the First Nations singers sing a song for the ocean. As they finish, we hear ocean sounds as scenes from beneath the sea play in front of us. And suddenly, all the tanks in the room light up!

We find ourselves in the 锟紾allery of the Drifters锟?with back-lit tanks filled with plankton, algae, and jellyfish. Up a couple of steps Zach Britton Jersey , and we're in the 锟絆cean锟絪 Heartbeat锟? a high-tech classroom with video, microscopes, and live specimens. Marine educators are on hand to answer questions. Approximately 8,000 students will visit the Centre each year.

The next area houses the 锟紾allery of the Salish Sea,锟?full of marine life. In the background Mark Trumbo Jersey , we hear the sound of a Salish paddle song as life-sized Orcas swim across a giant video screen. Three resident pods of Orcas spend May to September in our waters. Many people never get to see them.

As we leave this Gallery, we pass through an archway tank that is home to a Giant Pacific Octopus. In the last section, we find a touch pool where we can get our hands wet and get face to face with some very unique sea life. This tide pool also extends to the exterior of the building.

The Centre inspires us to explore, discover, and cherish the waters. It makes us think about our own impact on the environment. At the end of our journey Joey Rickard Jersey , we are asked to make a promise to the ocean, which we post on the wall.

This article cannot aptly describe the Shaw Ocean Discovery Centre, which is truly breathtaking. I can only recommend that you get there just as soon as you can. You'll be back again and again with your children, grandchildren, and friends. It's truly an amazing place. It gives both visitors the opportunity to see the magic that scuba divers get to see when they swim the depths of the Salish Sea.

Author's Resource Box

Ron Kirstein is the owner of a Canadian Travel & Tourism Web
site (since 1995). Ron has traveled the length and breadth
of Vancouver Island BC Canada in search of
adventures - see - http:tourismmall.victoria.bc.catravelmagazine

Article Source:

The best hiking trails of Santa Cruz County are plentiful and are spread throughout the area. The Monarch Trail located at Natural Bridges State Beach It is known for its rock type bridges that naturally appear throughout the area. Monarchs frequent the trail and light upon the Eucalyptus trees. The boardwalk is wheelchair accessible and leads to a simple trail.

Redwood Grove Loop and River Trails are located within the Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park. Banana slugs Chris Davis Jersey , deer, and redwood trees can be seen throughout the trails. People swim in the river and there are a lot of wide open expanses. The Redwood Groove Loop meanders in an oval shape through the redwoods. The San Lorenzo River can be viewed as well. A canyon naturally forms in the river area. Big Rock Hole is where many visitors of the trail go to swim and swing across with a rope swing. It is positioned by Highway 9 just north of the city. People often ride on horseback along the trails.

Big Basin Redwoods State Park has the Skyline to the Sea Trail. The redwoods along it are said to be thousands of years old. The movie "Vertigo" was filmed here in the 1950's by Alfred Hitchcock, which starred Jimmy Stewart with Kim Novack. There are waterfalls, forests, grasslands Adam Jones Jersey , and the Pacific Ocean from the trail. It is positioned along Highway 9 and 236. It is twenty-five miles nor. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Zach Ertz Womens Jersey Tyreek Hill Youth Jersey Tremaine Edmunds Kids Jersey Taysom Hill Saints Jersey Sam Darnold Jets Jersey Russell Wilson Seahawks Jersey
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Cactus and other Succulents All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: