People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 22
Bots: 0
Staff: 0

Članovi online:

Toggle Content Translation

After investigating

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laiyongcai92

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject: After investigating Reply with quote

allegations that the Houston Astros have been stealing signs during this year's postseason Dave Parker Jersey , Major League Baseball will not fine or penalize the Astros.MLB released a statement announcing the investigation has been closed, via Mark Feinsand of MLB.com:"Before the Postseason began, a number of clubs called the Commissioner's Office about sign stealing and the inappropriate use of video equipment. The concerns expressed related to a number of Clubs, not any one specific Club. In response to these calls, the Commissioner's Office reinforced the existing rules with all playoff Clubs and undertook proactive measures, including instituting a new prohibition on the use of certain in-stadium cameras, increasing the presence of operations and security personnel from Major League Baseball at all Postseason games and instituting a program of monitoring Club video rooms."With respect to both incidents regarding a Houston Astros employee, security identified an issue, addressed it and turned the matter over to the Department of Investigations. A thorough investigation concluded that an Astros employee was monitoring the field to ensure that the opposing Club was not violating any rules. All Clubs remaining in the playoffs have been notified to refrain from these types of efforts and to direct complaints about any in-stadium rules violations to MLB staff for investigation and resolution. We consider the matter closed."Astros general manager JeffLuhnow told reporters this team was "playing defense," adding, via Daniel Gotera of KHOU-TV:Daniel Gotera DTGoteraKHOU#Astros GM Jeff Luhnow on allegations of his club stealing signs using technology: quot;I think what happens is when a team has success, there will be a lot of other people looking at them to see whats driving their successquot; eDPa73HhpgAs for the allegations, Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reported: "The Boston Red Sox were warned that a man credentialed by the Houston Astros might try to steal signs or information from their dugout after the Cleveland Indians caught him taking pictures of their dugout with a cellphone camera during Game 3 of the American League Division Series."However Josh Harrison Jersey , Alex Speier and Andrew Mahoney of the Boston Globe reported that MLB's investigation discovered the Astros employee in question was trying to determine if the Red Sox "were using dugout video monitors to steal signs from the Astros" and wasn't stealing signs and relaying them to the dugout.Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski did not believe the employee's alleged actions factored into the Astros' Game 1 win againstBoston, per Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal: "It was caught early in the game. It did not cost us anything."According to Passan's report, the Los Angeles Dodgers suspected the Astros of stealing signs during last season's World Series, and the Oakland Athletics believed the Astros were stealing signs this season.He also outlined that opposing players have believed actions taken by the Astros in the dugout in the past, such as banging on trash cans or clapping before pitches, is a form of relaying stolen signs to the batter.While teams decry having their own signs stolen, it technically isn't against MLB rules."Sign-stealing is not an uncommon practice and there in fact is not a rule against it," MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said in 2017, per Speier and Mahoney.It isn't ideal for the team having their signs stolen, however, and Boston manager Alex Cora commented on the recent reports of sign stealing and the precautions the team takes throughout the season."I'm always concerned about that throughout the season," he told reporters. "So I mean we do a good job changing sequences and paying attention to details. And we don't get caught up on the whole paranoia thing of the signs. We try to slow it down. If we feel there's something going on we switch signs." MILWAUKEE (AP) — Christian Yelich cycled his way into the record book.Milwaukee’s streaking slugger became the first major leaguer to hit for the cycle twice in one season against the same team, driving in four runs to lead the Brewers over the Cincinnati Reds 8-0 on Monday night.“There’s been so many great players to play this game http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-gregory-polanco-jersey ,” said Yelich, acquired in an offseason trade with Miami. “It just shows how freaky, I guess, that is. A lot of luck goes into that. It’s hard enough to get four hits in a Major League Baseball game, yet alone have them all be the right ones and the right sequence.”Less than three weeks after his cycle in Cincinnati, Yelich accomplished the feat against the last-place Reds once again to help the Brewers in their playoff pursuit. Milwaukee remained 2½ games behind the first-place Cubs in the NL Central and three games up in the wild-card race. Chicago won 5-1 at Arizona.Yelich singled in the first inning, doubled in the second, launched a two-run homer in the fifth and completed the cycle when he added a two-run triple in the sixth. With the Brewers nursing a large lead, he was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the eighth.“I honestly don’t even know how to describe it,” Yelich said. “I don’t know if it’s really set in yet, but it’s definitely crazy and you try to enjoy it as much as possible. It’s nice to do it at home, too, in front of the home fans. It was a pretty exciting moment.”Yelich’s huge second half has turned him into a top contender for the NL MVP award. He also hit for the cycle when he went 6 for 6 in a 13-12 comeback victory on Aug. 29 at Cincinnati http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-jung-ho-kang-jersey , making him the fifth player to turn the trick twice in one season — and first in Brewers history.“There’s no question that he’s hot right now,” Reds starter Anthony DeSclafani said. “He’s doing some amazing things. I know him from Miami. I know that he works his butt off. They all projected that he was going to be a top-of-the-league hitter. But I think if I make my pitches, I give myself a chance to get him out.”The previous player with two cycles in one season was Aaron Hill in 2012.Yelich put the Brewers up 4-0 in the fifth, following a walk to Curtis Granderson with his 31st homer.Domingo Santana, who hit 30 homers last year for the Brewers but spent most of this season at Triple-A, opened the fifth with his second pinch-hit home run in two games.Wade Miley (5-2) labored through five innings and allowed five hits. He had two runners aboard in the second, third and fourth.Josh Hader struck out the side in the sixth, and Brandon Woodruff finished with three spotless innings for his first save.“I didn’t say much, but I told (manager Craig) Counsell, I’m good, I can go back out,” said Miley, who has permitted two earned runs or fewer in seven straight starts. “Obviously Francisco Cervelli Jersey , you’ve got Hader in the bullpen, anybody will hand the ball over to Hader. Then Domingo pinch-hits and hits a homer, so I told Counsell he made the right decision.”DeSclafani (7-6) gave up four runs and seven hits with two walks in five innings.Milwaukee extended the lead to 8-0 in the sixth, capped by Yelich’s two-run triple to right-center.The Brewers, who totaled three runs in losing their previous two games to Pittsburgh, took a 1-0 lead in the third. Granderson walked and Yelich lined a double to right off the glove of diving first baseman Joey Votto. Lorenzo Cain followed with a sacrifice fly.Yelich is batting .500 (24 for 48) with seven homers, 17 RBIs and 12 runs against the Reds this season.“We really need wins as a team,” he said. “Every win is huge for us. Obviously we didn’t finish that Pittsburgh series up like we would have hoped, and it’s best to come out tonight and get this series off to a good start.”MORE YELICHAccording to the Elias Sports Bureau, the other players with multiple cycles in a single season were Hill for Arizona in 2012, Brooklyn’s Babe Herman in 1931, St. Louis’ Tip O’Neill in 1887 and Cincinnati’s Long John Reilly in 1883. Yelich is the third active player with multiple cycles in his career, joining Adrian Beltre (three) and Carlos Gomez (two).SANTANA RETURNSSantana had 30 homers and 85 RBIs in 525 at-bats last season with Milwaukee John Jaso Jersey , playing in 151 games, including 138 starts in right field. The offseason acquisitions of Yelich and Cain made for a crowded outfield. Santana never got untracked and was hitting .249 with just three homers and 17 RBIs when he was optioned to Triple-A Colorado Springs on June 23. Since being recalled on Sept. 1, he is 6 for 13 with two homers and two doubles, all coming as a pinch-hitter.UP NEXTReds: RHP Michael Lorenzen (3-1, 3.21 ERA) will make his first start since 2015, when he made 21 starts as a rookie. His last 151 appearances have been in relief.Brewers: RHP Chase Anderson (9-7, 3.85) is 3-0 in three starts against the Reds this season. He’s 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA in 10 career starts vs. Cincinnati. Anderson has allowed 29 homers, tied for most in the NL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Indoor Plants All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: